These are some of the sources of information that I've found useful in my quest to learn the wildflowers of Tuolumne County and its surrounding areas.
- The Jepson Manual: Higher Plants of California. Hickman, James C., ed. 1993. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
- Pacific States Wildflowers. Peterson Field Guides. Niehaus, Theodore F. and Ripper, Charles L. 1976. Boston, MA. Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Sierra Nevada Wildflowers. A Falcon Guide. Wiese, Karen. 2000. Helena, Montana. Falcon Publishing, Inc.
- Sierra Nevada Wildflowers. Horn, Elizabeth L. 2001. Missoula, Montana. Mountain Press Publishing Company.
- Wildflowers of Yosemite. Wilson, Lynn and Jim, Nicholas, Jeff. 1987. Yosemite, CA. Sunrise Productions.
- Wildflower Walks and Roads of the Sierra Gold Country. Fauver, Toni. 1998. Grass Valley, CA. Comstock Bonanza Press.
- Calflora - An online searchable database of all 8375 recognized vascular plants in California.
- Calphotos - An online photo database of mostly California plants, animals, and landscapes administered by U.C. Berkeley.
- USDA Plants - A comprehensive online database provided by the US Department of Agriculture covering the entire US that includes search functions, photos and detailed information
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) - The federal agency that operates the Red Hills areas. They have occasional events that they either host or sponsor.
- Bureau of Reclamation - The federal agency that operates New Melones reservoir and the surrounding land area. They have ranger led events to such areas as Table Mountain, Natural Bridges, etc.
- CSERC - The Central Sierra Environmental Center that deals with a wide range of environmental and ecological concerns and has a wildflower gallery on their website.
- Stanislaus National Forest - The National Forest Service conducts many ranger led outings and events.
- Yosemite Association - A private organization with seminars and guided educational programs in Yosemite National Park.
- Yosemite Junior College - The college has several wildflower classes with enthusiastic instructors..
- Yosemite National Park - The National Park Service has various ranger led field trips and activities.